The XGPS150E is the European version of the XGPS150A. If you are unsure about which one to buy, please call us at 1-877-259-4629.
Please be aware that there is a 6-10 Days lead time for shipping on this item.
The Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver wirelessly adds highly-accurate GPS to devices, allowing them to be used with apps that require GPS, including apps for aviation, car and marine navigation, golfing, geocaching, hiking, biking and other activities.
How it works
The Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver is very simple to use.
A quick set up and Bluetooth pariring process is necessary with every laptop, smartphone, iPod or tablet that the user wants to connect to the XGPS150A receiver. Once this is done, the receiver will automatically connect to the device it was last paired with, and you will be able to use it with hundreds of apps that require location information.
How to achieve best service
For best reception and ideal service, the XGPS150E has to be placed with a clear view of the sky. Thanks to the receiver's wireless Bluetooth connectivity—it can be placed up to 30ft away from the connected device—and the non-slip pad or adjustable arm strap, this can easily be achieved almost anywhere.
How to Attach the XGPS150E
The GPS receiver includes a non-slip pad for use in a car, on a boat or on a plane. The XGPS150E receiver can be slid into the pad to secure it (the lips of the pad have to seal over the top edges of the receiver). A two-piece armband is also included for using the receiver during hiking, geocaching, jogging, cycling and other outdoor activities. Use the armband without the extension to secure the GPS receiver around the strap of a backpack, handlebar, etc.
"GPS Status Tool" Free App
The GPS Receiver also comes with a useful "GPS Status Tool" Free App. (available for download on the iTunes store). The app is a simple utility application for use with the GPS Receiver. It shows detailed information from the GPS Receiver including:
- Your location (or whether the device is still determining where you are)
- How many satellites the device sees and the signal strength of each satellite
- The battery level of the GPS Receiver, and whether or not it is charging
- Confirmation the GPS Receiver is successfully connected to your iPad/iPod touch/iPhone
What's in the box:
- XGPS150E receiver
- USB charging via the included USB cable
- non-slip dashboard pad for use in a car/on a boat
- adjustable strap to attach to an arm or a backpack
- cigarette lighter adapter for charging in a car or in an airplane
How to Connect it:
Additional Product Documentation:
XGPS150E - List of compatible Apps
XGPS150E - User Manual
- 65-channel SkyTraq GPS chipset
- WAAS/EGNOS compatible
- Accuracy: +/-2.5m (CEP)
- Fast location acquisition times: under 30secs (warm or cold start)
- Position updates: at least once per second
- Maximum speed: 1000 kts / 1150 mph
- Maximum altitude: 18,000 m / 59,000 ft
- Bluetooth range: 33 ft / 10m
- Bluetooth range: 33 ft / 10m
- Full charge lasts for at least 8.5 hours of continuous use
- Recharges in 2.5 hours
- Plug in to 12VDC source for continuous use
- Supports both NMEA and Apple protocols
- Firmware updateable through USB port
- Small and light:
- 2.25” (57 mm) square, 0.75” (19 mm) deep
- 1.8 ounces / 51 grams
- Operating temperature: 14˚F - 140˚F(-10˚C - 60˚C)
Features of the XGPS150A Bluetooth GPS Receiver
- Certified by Apple to work with all models of the iPad, iPod touch and iPhone devices
- Works with Bluetooth-enabled Android, Blackberry, Windows and OS X devices (Bluetooth SPP required).
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver works with most apps that require GPS
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 8.5 hours
- Compatible with an extensive list of Apps recquiring geo-localisation
- Easy & safe to install and use