- Connects up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
- Computers, PDA’s, cameras, music players, personal and game players and more
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
- GPS- enabled
- Advanced internal antenna system
- NovaSpeed® Capable
- Auto-install and auto-connectivity
- 30-foot range of network coverage
- Built-in security
- Wireless and secure internet connectivity from virtually anywhere
- Portable and convenient – smaller than a deck of cards
- Great for travel – family, friends and colleagues can connect
- Perfect for the mobile professional – creates a virtual office wherever you go for your and your co-workers
- Easy installation with MobiLink™ Connection Manager- no CD required
- Enhanced performance and less connectivity interruptions with NovaSpeed®
- Lasts up to 4 hours on a single charge so you can be anywhere and have connectivity (when connected to one Wi-Fi device)
Wi-Fi Connections for Multiple Users
The Intelligent Mobile Hotspot provides access to up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices, including notebooks, netbooks, MP3 players, smartphones, cameras, PDAs, portable gaming systems and more.
Ideal If You:
Often need Wi-Fi access far away from traditional hotspots
Want to give high-speed online access to multiple Wi-Fi enabled devices at one time
How It Works
The Intelligent Mobile Hotspot is your portable, wireless Wi-Fi hotspot. From wherever you are in the coverage area, it detects the Verizon Wireless network and allows you to access a reliable broadband connection.
In Wi-Fi mode:
Connect up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices at once. Use the lithium-ion battery for up to 4 hours (40 hours standby) of usage or plug the device directly into an outlet.
In USB mode:
Connect the MiFi device to your notebook via the included USB cable to use it as a modem.
Tiny device, huge performance.
The MiFi 2200 device is about the size of eight stacked credit cards and weighs just over 2 ounces, so it's ultra-portable.
Security features include:
- Password protection
- VPN pass-through
- CDMA authentication and identification
- Dynamic Mobile IP (MIP) key update
- NAT firewall
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the MiFi2200 different from other Mobile Broadband USB, PC Card and ExpressCardmodems?
There are significant differences between MiFi2200 and other devices, primarily because it connects multiple devices to Mobile Broadband over Wi-Fi. The other modems require a physical connection, and may only be used with one notebook at a time. Further, MiFi2200 connects not just notebook computers, it can connect to Wi-Fi enabled devices, such as cameras, gaming devices, digital photo frames and more.
How is this different from a Router?
The MiFi2200 is an Intelligent Mobile Hotspot that can operate as a USB Modem (with a USB Cable) or in Wi-Fi/BatteryMode, eliminating the need for a wired connection or an AC connection. Its lightweight, slim and compact features, make this the ultimate mobile hotspot.
What kind of security is available?
MiFi2200 supports all the latest WEP/WPA/WPA-2 security and SPI firewall. It is recommended that security is set up in order to prevent unauthorized use.
When do I need to use the USB Cable?
The USB Cable is required when MiFi2200 is used as a USB Modem and for first time setup and activation with VZAccess Manager. The cable can be used to connect after activation if MiFi2200 is out of battery power and there is no access to AC power. The cable can also be used for charging, but only when the device is dormant and not in an active data session.